Tuesday 2 July 2013

Rules for life

Today has been a day to think about what I need to remember in order to get the best out of every day.

Maybe you will laugh at this (and I don't really mind if you do!), but I have actually started writing myself a little series of rules for this.

I thought I would share them with you - I think they are probably things that most of us struggle with at some point!

1. Eat breakfast every day (This is something I forget to do or don't have time for more often than not). 
You will thank yourself for it at 11am, and a happy stomach makes for a much happier start to the day!

2. Follow your dreams (This is something I'm usually afraid to do).
You may not succeed, but you will always wonder if you don't try.

3. Be positive
There will always be worries in life, but focusing on them won't improve the situation. Find something positive in each day and concentrate on that instead.

4. Talk about your feelings (Something I really need to learn how to do!)
When you are stressed, anxious or depressed talk to someone who knows you - and then let it go. Don't bottle things up.

5. Don't worry about things you can't control
Do what you can about the situation and then move on and forget about it. Do something practical to take your mind off it if you need to.

So bearing this in mind, I wanted to share some of the things that have made me happy today. I've stopped to take pictures of them to make myself stop and think about them!

My orchid- still surviving after 7 months, even though it was only supposed to last for 2!


My blanket stack - all the blankets I have made in the last year.


Sunshine in my knitting. This is a Kim Hargreaves pattern from her new book Spirit. I started it about a month ago and have made shamefully little progress so far, but I know I will pick it up again soon. I just love yellow - the colour is so cheerful.

My vintage style beaded handbag. I made this myself a couple of years ago, before I started blogging. I've only ever used it once, even though I love it. I really need to find more reasons to get it out and use it!


Pastel colour combinations in the project I'm working on at the moment. Soft, soothing colours that I love: lilac, steel blue, duck egg and pale, putty pink.

I'd love to know what you all find joy in - what are the little things that get you through the day?

xx xxx xx xxx xx xxx xx xxx xx

Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Sweet post Jen - and always so nice to see your lovely work!
    Your rules for life are very thoughtful and wise and it's lovely to see your orchid flower still blooming. I so love orchids and a couple of days ago bought a little bunch whilst out shopping - magnificent blooms.
    Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed reading your post, thank you for sharing your thoughts. I think reminding ourselves of the positive in life is always a good idea, sam xx PS love your pile of blankets, yummy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your list. I have a similar one right now which includes taking care of myself - women tend to put themselves last in life.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments, so if you have a question to ask or just something to say, please leave me a message and I'll reply!