Thursday 9 May 2013

Pastel pretties: cushions!

I'm happy to be able to share one of my completed pastel projects! Do you remember I posted about these projects a couple of weeks ago?

Well here's the first one!

 
Originally I only planned to make one of these cushion covers, but I loved the first one so much I just knew I needed a matching pair in my life!

 
The yarns are a mix of pastel colours with 6 different shades:

pale pink
slightly paler pink
pale blue
grey
duck egg blue
lilac

I just love these colours together. I think I said before that I find this mix to be a kind of 'pastels with an edge'. Well, I can see this becoming a major colour palette for me in future. It reminds of breaking dawn or sunset skies, and I find it really calming!



Calming is something I am in need of at the moment. As a rule I don't talk about personal things on this blog and I'm not about to start tonight. But, this has been a stressful week and I have had anxiety over a few things.


Crochet has always been something that has stood me in good stead in anxious times, and it has not deserted me this week.

Hope you all have a happy evening and weekend!

 
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jen, Your pastel pretties are stunning and lovely in every way.. I LOVE them.. Yup I agree 2 looks great together.. I do hope your stress has lessen and you are feeling better.. Have a lovely week. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cushions are very very nice....those colors are so soothing to the eye, I love it! Crochet has always been my stress reliever, I guess that is why I always have something on my hooks! You have a very beautiful blog....
    xx, Shari

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments, so if you have a question to ask or just something to say, please leave me a message and I'll reply!