Thursday 21 March 2013

Hello again!

It has been a while between posts for me (again), but I'm glad to be back!

Before I say anything else, I want to say hello and welcome to all the new followers who have come to visit in February and March. One of the reasons I started this blog was to try and feel part of a crafting community. 

I don't know many people who have the same level of crochet and knitting obsession that I do, so I really wanted to try and connect with some other like minded people, and there is such an active craft community online that I thought a blog would be a good way to do that.

 Its so great to now have people regularly visiting this blog, and leaving such kind comments. I'm sorry if I don't always reply individually to each comment, its just due to general business rather than anything else. Please be assured that I do still read and value every comment, even if I don't reply.

Crochet granny square afghan

 I have been beavering away on my blanket - a lot of progress has been made since my last post. I've spent most of the last 2 weeks doing the seaming on this, but I'm nearly there now!

Crochet granny square afghan

The (brief) flashes of sunshine that have from time to time come through the window while I have been working on this blanket have really highlighted the stained glass effect I think.

Crochet granny square afghan

Normally when working on a blanket like this, I would have a smaller project on the go simultaneously, so that I can have a little break from the blanket if I need to. However, since I started adding the black seaming to the blanket, I've just found it so absorbing and fun to work on that I haven't wanted to put it down!

Crochet granny square blanket

I think this may be my favourite blanket yet! Hopefully I will finish it over the weekend, and then be able to share full completed snaps with you!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! It really does resemble stained glass, especially the purple and pinks. I LOVE it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is coming on beautifully - and a perfect thing to have on your lap in this weather! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I absolutely love this rug! I am currently crocheting one that is similar in that it is hundreds of tiny granny squares that I am joining together, but I am struggling with joining them so it leaves a nice clean finish. I love how you have stitched these squares together and was wondering how you have done it? Grace :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments, so if you have a question to ask or just something to say, please leave me a message and I'll reply!