Friday 9 March 2012

Christina cardigan - in progress

After a brief period of indecision last weekend about whether to push on with summer knits or give in to temptation and knit a snuggly textured cowl which I had an idea for, I choose to push on with the summer knits, and now I'm glad I did!

So I thought I would share with you my progress on the Christina cardigan from Kim Hargreaves' 2011 summer book Whisper. Its coming along pretty well: I now have the back and both front completed and am about half way through the first sleeve. I hope to have it finished in a week or so.



I have made this using Rowan Wool Cotton in shade Frozen, which is a lovely grey-lilac shade - I'm not sure how well that comes through on the pictures. I havent' changed the needle size recommended - wool cotton is quite a stretchy yarn, and I think it will be fine once blocked and washed. I'm making a size extra-small, as usual. Small always comes out way too big for me.

I can't wait to have this finished and wear it - I'm sure it will look lovely with a little lace trimmed camisole, or perhaps a pale coloured chiffon blouse I have - maybe with a little sparkly brooch. More pictures when it's finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments, so if you have a question to ask or just something to say, please leave me a message and I'll reply!